Scribbled on 6/22/2010 04:32:00 PM

The King of My Heart

"It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was." -- Anne Sexton

I know that this entry is a bit late but it's never too late to show love...especially to our beloved FATHERs. Happy Belated Father's Day to all the dads out there!

I was going through the net last week and stumbled upon this very touching photo journal - Days With My Father by Philip Toledano.


The pictures are simple yet each picture brought a deluge of tears and at the end was the big ugly cry - as per one of the comments said. I was fighting back the tears in the office when I was reading this journal *yeah I read it while I was at the office*. It was a wonderful tribute that Philip made for his ailing father for the last 3 years of his life. I strongly recommend everyone to read Philip's journal. It's definitely a wake-up call for all of us - to cherish all our loved ones and for us to be reminded that we have these wonderful people we call our parents to be here with us now. This is our chance to show them as much love as we can since we never know what tomorrow holds.

I may not have the world's best relationship with my dad but I love him for everything that he has done for our family and for all the great advice he has given me all this while. He is the foundation of our family and my role model. Hey I even wrote an essay about him in Form 5 and got 40/40 peeps! Keep your feet on the ground - that's what he would say when something good happens like me getting a job with Oracle, getting my Oracle Certification, etc. The main thing that I have learned from my dad - no matter how high you get or become, don't forget your roots and be humble. Thanks dad for these priceless life lessons. No words can express how much I love you.

This year I wished my dad happy father's day via email. I shared with him this link and told him how much he means to me and that I love him so much. His reply:

Dibah,

I read it and felt deeply touched. Luv ya very much.

Luv
Ayah

For those who still have their dads around, get your butt moving and don't be afraid to hug your dad, give him a kiss on the cheeks and say I Love You. Prayers to those whom fathers have gone. Forever they stay in our minds and hearts. Don't worry - they may be gone in this world today, but they will always be in our hearts forever.

Lastly I leave you with what Nicholas D. Kristof wrote in his New York Times article:
Celebrate the bequest of fatherhood with something simpler, deeper and truer than an artificial verse on a store-bought card. Speak and hug from your heart and soul — while there is still time.

~Ayah, You are the King of My Heart~

Damn, someone get me a tissue to wipe away these tears...

0 Responses to The King of My Heart