Scribbled on 3/10/2008 05:15:00 PM

Monday...

Twas an emotional day for me. Results of the 12 general election left me dazed. Sunday was rest day so I didn't watch tv and didn't read the papers (actually I wanted to get a copy but all of them were sold out), so I really didn't have any specific idea on how the election went. Thanks to Mr Abu for updating me. It's great to have a lawyer talk to you about politics. You make me start thinking about unimaginable things.

Came to the office, stopped at the newspaper stand to get 3 copies of different papers (I didn't want to miss a thing). So I reached my office and started thinking again. I'd like to say that I respect and salute the brave new Malaysians, who dare stand up to voice their opinion through the right channel. Malaysians have spoken!

It's sad, it's emotional for me. Truth is, I am not disappointed nor am I happy. But in the bigger picture, the recent elections have left us with a broken government now. That, I am not in favor of.

Let's face it; it was WEAK LEADERSHIP that brought us into this tight spot. I hope the the government learns and that they take action. I still can't imagine how ministers can lose and losing 5 states all in all (my friend is so happy for Kedah Darul Ulama). Devastating. At times like this, I wish soooo much that Tun Dr Mahathir can come back into the scene. I love him dearly. To all those who have the same feelings as me, let us brace ourselves and pray for a better tomorrow.

I feel guilty, for not voicing my right. I didn't vote, because I did not register. Many of friends around my age did not vote. Why? I don't know. Maybe lack of knowledge on how severe it can become if you don't vote, or how important 1 small vote can make. I think if BN were to move forward, they need to find more youngsters. We need fresh blood. Like how PKR has Nurul Izzah who was my senior at UNITEN. People, exercise your right!

Had a long talk with a colleague of mine who is going to run for Pemuda UMNO soon. I wish him all the best and that you take the better in everything you do, to listen to the people and always have a clean 'Nawaitu'.

Congratulations to Tun's prodigy, Dato Mukhriz. I wish I could vote in Jerlun. I wish I could meet Tun. Congratulations also to Salleh, your dad won in Johor for DUN - Sheikh Ibrahim Salleh. Anak YB la ko skang ek...ehehe...

"IT IS MY OPINION THAT HE HAS DESTROYED UMNO, DESTROYED THE BN, AND HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS MASSIVE MASSIVE MASSIVE DEFEAT" - Tun Dr Mahathir on Al-Jazeera last night. This defeat is the worst ever since 1969.

I just hope that we all learn something from this election. I hope the people are happy. All I ask for is a stable future for myself, my family and my future generations. I can't wait to see what is installed for the next 4 years, I want to see how Perak turns out to be. I love my country, I love Malaysia!

"From the ruins of yesterday, hopefully a new and more vibrant BN will rise tomorrow. A party which all Malaysians will once again embrace"

I'm still emotional...

One response to

  1. Fara Atiqah
    Friday, March 14, 2008 12:20:00 PM
    dib..
    i did vote for the last election, and yes, the ppl have spoken, maybe this is the only way that the rakyat can make a point.
    i also want the best for our country, and lets hope tht the newly form state gov will bring the best for us, and our future ;)