Scribbled on 4/10/2008 06:50:00 PM


It's almost 7pm and I'm still at the office. I think it's still considered early right? I'm blog hopping & script writing & internet browsing at the same time. Oh when are my scripts will be done? I keep dragging the time to do them and I have a deadline which is right around the corner.

Got an appointment with M.Azlina tonight. Will be meeting her near KLCC. I think I'll be heading there after this for some retail therapy. How about that? I really wanted to get those plaid shorts from Padini. Of course I'll be wearing them at home, duh! They looked kinda cool so let's blame Amirah for influencing me to wear plaids. I think they're cute. Erm, the last I saw they were 2 for RM79. I'm also looking into some cute gurly shoes from Nike. It's brown in color and super cute. Although I also saw some cute ones at Puma. I really need them. Someone is always complaining about the iPanema flip flops that I wear, they look like selipar jamban. No they don't! I love them. They give me comfort.


Well enough of all that. I want to share with you today about folding. Haven't heard about it? It's really interesting. It's using the power of our computers to do calculation for for protein folding. It is a project by Stanford University.


Folding@Home is a distributed computing project which studies protein folding, misfolding, aggregation, and related diseases. We use novel computational methods and large scale distributed computing, to simulate timescales thousands to millions of times longer than previously achieved. This has allowed us to simulate folding for the first time, and to now direct our approach to examine folding related disease


You can help the project by downloading and running the client software. The algorithms are designed such that for every computer that joins the project, we get a commensurate increase in simulation speed.


So I strongly recommend those who have super fast computers with the latest technology to help out in this project. Do visit this website for more information. You can help those with cronic diseases like Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many Cancers and cancer-related syndromes. So since most of you who are reading this are from the IT/Computer Science line, let's lend the world a helping processor/hand, we owe them that much.







Me @ the Office


2 Responses to

  1. srini
    Thursday, November 27, 2008 1:51:00 PM
    Curious to know what the meaning of Mishika
  2. hajar11
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 4:54:00 PM
    diba.. ko kt ne skang? aku kt masjid jamek nye cimb ni ha.. hehehehehe